KeyStep: One objective meeting yours.
Sometimes, simplicity is the key to efficiency and the best way to materialize an idea into a sonic result. The design of the KeyStep is based entirely on this vision. Going straight to the point, skating over the constraints and letting musicians focus on their art are KeyStep’s ambitions. Whether your setup is analog or digital, KeyStep will allow you to reach a whole new level of control and creativity.
Never before has a portable keyboard controller incorporated this quantity of features.
Having many devices, many plugins and many modules is a pleasure. Nobody makes secret of it. However, few things are more frustrating than accumulating instruments without being fully able to use them. KeyStep allows you to regain control over your instruments.
KeyStep is loaded with features aimed at boosting your creative freedom. A 32-slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch, an 8-mode arpeggiator, a polyphonic sequencer with up to 64 steps and 8 simultaneous notes per step.
Like its brothers BeatStep and BeatStep Pro, KeyStep is representative of a new breed of portable controller allowing musicians to free themselves from their computer, in particular in live conditions.
KeyStep is all about spontaneity and immediacy, strengthening the link that musicians can experience with their performance and their public. Each feature has been thought out to match live artists hopes and needs including real-time sequence rewriting, smart sequence-swapping function and simultaneous playing/sequencing.
KeyStep will give an unprecedented magnitude to your live sessions.
- Arturia’s own Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Arpeggiator mode:
- Up, down, inclusive, exclusive, random, note order, double up, double down modes
- Sequencer mode:
- 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo:
- REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Chord play mode
- SHIFT button selection:
- MIDI channel selection, GATE time, SWING values
- DC jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI connects to computers and our MCC editor
- MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports:
- Supports 1 pulse per step, 2 PPQ (Korg Volca), 24 PPQ DIN sync, 48 PPQ DIN sync
- Sync select switches:
- Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/GATE outputs:
- CV supports 1Volt per octave, Volt>Hz modes, Gate output 5V or 12V for modern or vintage gear support
- CV Velo/Aftertouch/Modwheel output
- Capacitive-touch pitch bend and mod wheels
- Each sequence can have 64 steps, each step can have up to 8 notes
- Low power; can be powered by Apple iPad® (camera connection kit required)
|Software Included||MIDI Control Center|
|System Requirements||Win 7+, Mac 10.8+|